A Computer-Based Testing (CBT), also known as Computer-Based Assessment (CBA), e-assessment, computerized testing and computer-administered testing, is a method of administering tests in which the responses are electronically recorded, assessed, or both. As the name implies, Computer-Based Testing makes use of a computer or an equivalent electronic device such as a cell phone or tablet. CBT systems enable educators and trainers to author, schedule, deliver, and report on surveys, quizzes, tests and exams. Computer-Based Testing may be a stand-alone system or a part of a virtual learning environment, possibly accessed via the World Wide Web.
CBT is becoming widely used. It has many advantages over traditional (paper-based) assessment. The advantages include:
- lower long-term costs
- instant feedback to students
- greater flexibility with respect to location and timing
- improved reliability (machine marking is much more reliable than human marking)
- improved impartiality (machine marking does not 'know' the students so does not favour nor make allowances for minor errors)
- greater storage efficiency - tens of thousands of answer scripts can be stored on a server compared to the physical space required for paper scripts
- enhanced question styles which incorporate interactivity and multimedia
How can we help you?
With our extenssive infrastructure of CBT ready centers deployed all over Nigeria, our experienced and dedicated staffs, we can make your CBT project a success. Contact Us today for free consultation.
Curbe exam malpractice and handling a large number of candidate (48,000 student )
CBT helped to reduce noticeably exam malpractice and we were able to handle the full process of exam in 10 days